Get a quote
Tell us about your current product(s)
To receive your quote, tell us about your current HP or non-HP product, including product type, manufacturer, model, condition, the quantity you'd like to trade, and your zip code. In seconds, you will receive a customized quote for the trade-in value of your current product(s).
Try it now »
Registration is required to generate a trade or to save your quote list for later access. Registering also allows us to send you email confirmations when your trade is generated.
HP currently accepts PCs, notebooks, printers, monitors, copiers, plotters, projectors, digital cameras, tablets, e-readers and cell phones. Using the pull-down menu on the quote page, simply select the type of product you want to trade.
HP currently accepts products in the categories above by most manufacturers. Using the pull-down menu on the quote page, simply select the manufacturer of the product you want to trade. If you are trading in a PC, or notebook by a non-branded manufacturer, select ALL OTHERS from the pull-down menu.
HP currently accepts most models in the categories and manufacturers described above. Using the pull-down menu on the quote page, simply select the model of the product you want to trade. If your model is not listed, this may indicate that there is no associated market value for that particular product, which means it cannot be traded.
Since the condition of your product helps to determine its value, you must accurately state your current product's condition. Market Velocity will perform an inspection upon receipt of your product to ensure its condition matches the stated condition. The three condition levels include:
• Excellent - the product is in excellent working condition and needs no refurbishment. The body of the product is clean (i.e., no smudges, ink marks, dents, stickers, or scratches).
• Good - the body of the product has only minor blemishes (i.e., smudges, ink marks, dents, stickers, or scratches). The product has no technical problems (i.e., it does not make noise, run slowly, is not missing pieces, etc.).
• Poor - the product has no major technical problems; it turns on and is in working condition; but has cosmetic defects.
Please read our Terms and Conditions to learn more about product condition guidelines.
Your zip code is used to determine the final trade-in value of your product and deliver the proper shipping labels. This means that you must enter the proper originating zip code of each individual product.
Custom Trade-in process
If you are trading in a large quantity (50 units or over), have an extended roll-out across multiple locations, or are trading in multiple product lines, the custom trade-in process is designed to accommodate these special circumstances. We will work directly with you to coordinate logistics by making shipping arrangements including multi-location pickups, sorting, packaging, and palletizing as needed. To request a quote, complete the request form, send us an e-mail, or call us at 1-866-482-2899.
Purchase new products
Select the purchase option that is most convenient for you, whether it be from an online store, online retailer, or local reseller. Then purchase your new HP branded products (PC, notebook, monitor, printer, copier, plotter, projector, scanner, digital camera, cell phone, and more) keeping in mind your redemption amount. Remember to keep proof of purchase.
Purchases of HP equipment must be made either 30 days prior to or 30 days following the trade transaction date.
The proof of purchase must be received within 30 days of the trade transaction date. After that time, if we still have not received your proof of purchase, you will forfeit any cash back allowances. Supplies, accessories, services and support do not qualify for this offer. Acceptable forms of proof of purchase are a sales invoice (preferred), a packing slip (must provide your name, purchase date, purchase amount, model and serial numbers). Purchase Orders, Order Confirmations, and Order Acknowledgements are not acceptable forms of proof of purchase.
HP often offers valuable promotions that allow you to save even more money on the purchase of HP products. Be sure to review the promotion requirements, as well as the Terms and Conditions to ensure that the products you purchase qualify for that particular promotion.
Immediately following the completion of your transaction, we will send you an email message to confirm the item(s) you are trading in, the quoted value which is valid for 30 days from the day the quote was accepted, the quote number, and the address that you provided.
Print your Confirmation email and, along with proof of purchase of your new HP product, fax to 770-925-9064 in order to receive your redemption check.
You can expect to receive email messages at various stages of your product trade-in. We recommend that you keep a copy of each for your records.
Receive your redemption check
Mail date notification
We will send you a final email message to notify you when we have mailed your redemption check.
All checks are mailed via U.S. Postal Service to the address designated in your transaction. Checks will be mailed within 45 days from the time we receive your product and proof of purchase is provided for your new HP product, whichever is later. If you need assistance, please contact customer service.
If you do not receive a check, please send an e-mail message so that we can research the issue for you.
All products we receive are refurbished and resold, or disposed of under applicable Environmental Protection Agency guidelines.
Your comments and suggestions are important to us. Let us know what you think about HP Trade-In by contacting customer service.
Customer service and support
For customer service and to get information regarding accessibility, contact us via e-mail or via telephone at 1-866-482-2899.
Ship your product for trade
Shipping & Handling
For a limited time, fees for shipping and handling for select printers within the continental U.S. are included as part of the standard HP Trade-In Program offer for all trades totaling 20 units or less. Free shipping is excluded on all PCs and PC products, plotters and copiers. This offer is limited to one (1) trade, per customer, in a thirty (30) day period. For trades over 50 units, you will be contacted and provided with a customized quote. Our goal is to make it as easy and convenient as possible for you to return your current products to us.
After you have accepted the HP Trade-In terms and conditions, you will be presented a "shipping instructions" page which provides the instructions you will follow to return your traded-in product. Within one business day of completing your trade, an email with the subject line "HP Trade-In shipping instructions" will be emailed to the address you provided while registering. The "HP Trade-In shipping instructions email" will provide the steps for retrieving your shipping label or shipping placard. This email will contain embedded links, simply click on the link and your prepaid, pre-addressed shipping label or shipping placard will appear. A window will direct you on how to print out your label or placard. Print two copies, and attach one to the shipment of your trade-in product and retain the second copy for tracking purposes. If you are trading multiple items, a link for each item will appear in the email.
You have 30 days from the day you completed your on-line trade to return the product. The trade-in product must be shipped by the "Ship Date" noted on the label.
If you experience technical difficulty in printing these items or you lose your shipping instructions email, please contact customer service.
Need a box?
If you need to purchase a box to return your trade-in product, we suggest one of the following options:
- Purchase boxes and packaging materials from your local UPS or Fed Ex Kinkos store
- Order boxes and packaging materials from OnePak (www.onepak.com )
Lost shipping label
If you have lost your prepaid shipping label or shipping placard, simply refer to your shipping instructions email and click on the link to print out another label or placard. If you have lost your shipping instructions email, please contact customer service with the following information for a replacement:
- Email address
- Quote number
Please follow these shipping tips when sending a product back for return:
• Before you ship your product, you agree to remove all data from your current product before shipping it. You are responsible for removing all data, including without limitation, any personally identifiable information or protected healthcare information, from your current product before shipping it. By sending Market Velocity your product, you agree to release Market Velocity and HP from any claim as to the data stored in such product, or in any media or data storage device included with any product that you send to Market Velocity, and for the security, integrity, confidentiality, disclosure or use of any such data. Market Velocity and HP will not be responsible for securing, protecting, keeping secret or otherwise managing any form of data or information that is stored on or otherwise contained in any product that you send to Market Velocity (including any computer hard drive, ROM, CD-ROM, disk or other storage media of any form).
• When packaging your device, be sure to include your operation system software on CD or diskette, the Certificate of Authenticity, end-user license agreement and manuals.
• If your system was shipped with a restore CD, each of the above items will be on the restore CD, and not packaged separately.
• Please ensure you include any documentation and accessories that originally was shipped with your device, these items could include: warranty cards, keyboard, mouse and connection cables.
• Failure to include these items will impact the value of your trade.
• If trading other peripherals or accessories as a separate trade, please package those items separately with their own shipping label.
• If you need to purchase a box to return your trade-in product, we suggest one of the following options:
◦ Purchase boxes and packaging materials from your local UPS or Fed Ex Kinkos store
◦ Order boxes and packaging materials from OnePak (www.onepak.com )
• Wrap the item(s) using, bubble-wrap, or other packing supplies around fragile item(s). Include all components of the product for return.
• Package the item(s) in a sturdy cardboard box designed specifically for shipping. To prevent theft during shipping, pack item(s) in a sturdy non-descriptive box using cushioning materials to keep the product secure during shipment.
• Shipping tape that is 2-3 inches wide should be used. We do not recommend using masking or cellophane tape. Tape all edges on the sides, top and bottom to make sure there are no rough edges that could be snagged by automated mail processing equipment.
• Attach the prepaid shipping label to the outside of the package. Use a piece of clear shipping tape over the top of the label. It is important to use our shipping label, as it will be used to expedite tracking, identification and increase the speed of your return processing.
• Call your local carrier, per the instructions on your shipping instructions email, to have your product picked up; or drop off the package at a regional shipping location. A store locator list for Federal Express shipments is available by clicking here .
• Be sure to keep the tracking number for proof of return.
• You have 30 days from the day you completed your on-line trade to return the product. Once the label is printed, the trade-in product must be shipped by the "Ship Date" noted on the label.
• If you follow the above packing guidelines and instructions, the product should arrive in the same condition as when it left your site. If the product is damaged during shipping and there is visible damage to the packing materials (box is dented, ripped, smashed, etc.), Market Velocity will take responsibility for resolving any claims with the courier. If the packing is intact, but the product is not in the condition stated by you in the quote process, Market Velocity will contact you directly to discuss the product's condition and recalculate the quote value. In the event there is no trade value due to the condition of the product, you will be responsible for all associated costs for recycling the product. If you choose to have the product shipped back to you, you will be responsible for all fees associated with shipping to Market Velocity and for shipping the product back to you.
To track a package, click here , then select Package Tracking. There you can find a real time status of any package shipped via Federal Express. Carriers use tracking numbers to identify and trace packages as they move through the carrier's systems to their destinations. To track a package, enter your tracking number in the appropriate box, and then click the Submit button. If the package has been delivered, you will see who signed for the package, its destination, and time of delivery.
Receipt of product notification
When your item arrives at our facility, we will contact you via email to confirm the date that we received your item.
Differences in product condition
Please see our Terms and Conditions.
Market Velocity offers, for a variable fee, de-installation services for products being traded-in. Please email customer service. Our customer service representative will gather your specific requirements concerning your de-installation needs and prepare a customized fee schedule.
Erasing and backing up data
Before you ship your product, you agree to remove all data from your current product before shipping it. You are responsible for removing all data, including without limitation, any personally identifiable information or protected healthcare information, from your current product before shipping it. By sending Market Velocity your product, you agree to release Market Velocity and HP from any claim as to the data stored in such product, or in any media or data storage device included with any product that you send to Market Velocity, and for the security, integrity, confidentiality, disclosure or use of any such data. Market Velocity and HP will not be responsible for securing, protecting, keeping secret or otherwise managing any form of data or information that is stored on or otherwise contained in any product that you send to Market Velocity (including any computer hard drive, ROM, CD-ROM, disk or other storage media of any form).
When packaging your device, be sure to include your operating system software on CD or diskette, the Certificate of Authenticity, end-user license agreement, and manuals.
If your system was shipped with a restore CD, each of the above items will be on the restore CD, and not packaged separately. Please ensure you include any documentation and accessories that originally was shipped with your device, these items could include: warranty cards, keyboard, mouse and connection cables. Failure to include these items will impact the value of your trade. If you do not have these items, please contact customer service for further assistance.
Data left on returned products
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions page.
Combining items in a trade
You have the ability to submit several items at one time in order to receive one check. After completing Step 1 ("Tell Us About Your Current Products"), simply enter the additional product to the quote section and choose the "add to quote" button.
Shipping & Handling
Shipping and handling costs are calculated dynamically based upon the location, dimension, and weight of the product.
For a limited time, fees for shipping and handling for select printers within the continental US are included as part of the standard HP Trade-In Program offer for all trades totaling 20 units or less. Free shipping is excluded on all PCs and PC products, plotters, and copiers.
This offer is limited to one (1) trade, per customer, in a thirty (30) day period.
Some or all of the shipping and handling fees may be deducted from the trade-in value for customers who trade over 20 units and/or are located outside the continental US.
Our goal is to make it as easy and convenient as possible for you to return your current product to us. For your convenience, we will send you a prepaid, pre-addressed shipping label.
Your personal information
Forgetting your password
If you forget your password, access our password reminder page. Your password will then be emailed to the email address you used when registering.
Products depreciate as they move from their introduction into the market. Technology advancements and short product life cycles make it advantageous for users to upgrade their equipment every 12-18 months.
The values Market Velocity, Inc. provides on your pre-owned equipment are based upon the current wholesale price for a specific pre-owned product on the open market. These prices are determined by the market demand defined by Market Velocity partners, product availability, refurbishment costs, and shipping/handling. Information is collected from a variety of sources including used product dealers, retailers, exporters, recyclers and liquidators. An important factor in determining pre-owned product values is the current pricing of the latest technology. In many cases, due to competitive pricing for new technology, you can actually replace your current product at a substantially lower price than previously paid.
In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or miscalculation by the database, HP Trade-In shall have the right to refuse or cancel the transaction within seven calendar days after the date of the actual trade. (See Terms and Conditions)
Shipping instructions message
Within one business day of completing your on-line trade-in, you will receive an email providing details on how to ship your traded-in product.
If we have not received your current product within approximately two weeks after completing a trade-in transaction, we will send you an email message to remind you to ship your product.
Cancelling a trade
In the event that you want to cancel your trade, simply send an e-mail requesting that your trade be cancelled. Please include your name and quote number in the email. Market Velocity will send you an email confirming the cancellation. You will also be asked, but not required, to provide a reason as to why you opted to cancel the trade.
If for some reason you choose to cancel your trade, a cancellation notification will be sent to confirm your cancellation.
Be ready to purchase
In order to be valid, purchases of new products must be made 30 days prior to or following the trade transaction date.